Saturday, October 9, 2010

2007 Freelander 2 SE Rear Screen Connectivity Aftermarket Install Guide

I have just finished fitting the rear screen connectivity system to my car. I was going to do a photo album of the install, unfortunately the camera died after the second photo. Instead I have used pics from the installation instructions and workshop manual to help illustrate.
Typical Land Rover, the instructions that came with the kit where pictorial only, and not as clear as they could have been (in my humble opinion). I hope this installation guide will be a lot easier to follow and hopefully you won’t have the few problems I encountered.
I am not a mechanic or Land Rover Technician but I have maintained most of my own vehicles over the years and have also rebuilt two cars from a shell upwards. So carrying out an install like this was not daunting. On a difficulty scale of one to ten (1 being capable of changing a wheel and ten being capable of a full strip and rebuild of the interior), I would class
this install as a four.
The Rear Screen Connectivity Kit
The kit I installed was as supplied by Land Rover, part number LR004184. First thing to do is check that you have all the parts. I unfortunately found I was an earth cable missing. I could of easily made a cable up but you will see during the install that I decided it wasn’t necessary as I used an existing earth point.
One point of note, the instructions that come with kit are for a left hand drive vehicle. This caused a bit of confusion in a few places, but take your time and look at what is in front of you before ploughing on ahead.
Please keep this in mind when looking at the illustrations in this guide as they are taken from the instructions and the workshop manual and relate to left hand drive vehicles.

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive