Friday, May 28, 2010

Custom DashHawk Install on Cadillac CTS using ProClip Hardware

I came upon this companies hardware while looking for a car mount for my Motorola Q. I wanted something beyond the normal universal mounts. ProClip uses a 2 piece system. The vehicle mounts are custom to that vehicle. Depending on the car model they will usually list multiple location options. You then pick the hardware mount for you specific phone, iPod, etc. Most are offered with or with- out a swivel option.

I decided to order another CTS vehicle mount. This one for the upper right dash corner. I also ordered a hardware mount for a Blackjack since it is slightly narrower that a Q. This is my install of those items. This is the backside of the vent mount. It snaps into the outer edges of the vent enclosure. The mount has a textured surface and a solid feel to it. ProClip provides a small “gap opener” wedge tool, but I didn’t need it the mount snapped right into the seam.

The unexpected bonus was that the Blackjack mount came with a side out panel to accommodate the phone with or without the large battery. So rather than Velcro the DashHawk to the mount I stuck it to the panel so it slides in and out.

source

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive